Something I Learned: A heart attack is not the same as a cardiac arrest. Heart attack = circulation is blocked. Cardiac arrest = heart fails to beat.
Something I’m Into: I started an Instagram account for my outfits back in September, and I’ve had fun following a bunch of other gals who do “Outfit of the Day” accounts. It makes getting dressed in the morning more fun. Then, a few weeks ago I figured out that I could follow other fun types of accounts like cute interior decor, illustration, miniatures, kittens, and goats (GOOOOAAATSSSSS!!!). It’s so great! I know everyone else figured this out a long time ago, but I just thought of Instagram as the place where my facebook friends post their breakfasts and kids. Which is good too, but…ya know.
Something I Appreciate: I’ve recently noticed that my cat, Jane, tends to listen when I tell her to stop doing something. It’s rare that a cat actually cares about what you do and don’t want them to do, so as simple as this sounds, it’s surprising to me. If she’s playing with something that’s not okay for her, I’ll forcefully tell her to stop. With most cats, I have to go and do some sort of physical intervention, but Jane usually moves on just from being yelled at. It’s so strange! She’s also recently started walking me to the front door when I leave for work in the mornings. 🙂
The last few days have been really nice. I didn’t have a great Winter Break, and I never felt like I was back on track from it until this weekend. I know it sounds silly to say that a 2-week paid vacation wasn’t “great”, and there wasn’t any real reason for it, just for some reason I always felt exhausted and like I wasn’t getting anything done, and like everyday was just slipping through my fingers and passing me by, and by the time I went back to work, I felt like I was still struggling to catch up.
But over the last few days, there have been a lot of really nice things, and having the day off yesterday (MLK day) to get a bunch of things done was just what I needed to feel like I was refreshed and on top of things.
Here is a list of good things from the last week:
- Ever have those moments at work where you kind of step back from yourself, and watch yourself, and think, “Wow, I really sound like I know what I’m talking about!”? I’ve had a few of those lately. It’s just like, “Hey! Look at me go! Just bein’ all knowledgeable and useful and everything!”
- I saw Hidden Figures. Such a great movie. I cried so many times (from happiness, not sadness). So inspiring. Wish there were more movies like this.
- Over the weekend, I had a good mixture of downtime, friend time, and gettin’ stuff done time. As an introvert, I have a hard time with weekends that are packed with activity, but as a “doer” I feel icky when I don’t do anything, so my favorite weekends are those that are balanced on both ends.
- I felt good about my aerial practice. The previous week, I struggled with a few new things, and I always feel badly when I don’t catch onto things quickly. But this week, I got a few new tricks, and my coaches were pleased with my progress.
- Yesterday was just “get it done” central, and I was really energized by completing all of the tasks on my To Do list. I felt especially refreshed by clearing out, reorganizing, and cleaning my room. Getting my surroundings in order has a big impact on my mood.
^ This is what has to happen when the to-do lists in my planner aren’t motivating me, and I need to make sure I get everything with no dilly dallying. THE NIGHTSTAND WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!!
Sweater: Target // Belt: Target // Jeans: Thrifted // Boots: Naturalizer
Sweater: Express // Pin: Antique store // Belt: Target // Skirt: Forever 21 // Shoes: Payless
Top: H&M // Cardigan: Target // Belt: Target // Pants: Agaci // Shoes: PaylessSweater: Target // Belt: Target // Skirt: Agaci // Boots: Madden Girl
Cardigan: H&M // Top: Thrifted (H&M) // Belt: Target // Skirt: Agaci // Shoes: RefreshScarf: Target // Cardigan: Target // Dress: Thrifted // Boots: Naturalizer // Boot Splotches: STUPID MN SNOW
Scarf: Target // Cardigan: Target //Belt: Target // Skirt: Target! // Tights: Christmas gift (thanks Ma!) // Shoes: Refresh